Here at Chris Ball Roofing, our expert team are able to offer a full roof tiling service across London. We assess your requirements to advise on the best possible solution to suit your needs and we work with the highest quality materials from leading manufacturers such as Redland, Marley Eternit, Sandtoft and many more.
When it comes to choosing roof tiling in London, the choice of roof tile is important for a number of reasons. While aesthetics will help to make your home look visually appealing, it is far more important to work with materials you can trust, ones that offer longevity and are an investment for your property.
Roof Tiling Materials
Our highly experienced team of skilled tradesmen have trained extensively to ensure that our roof tiling services are second to none in London.
We work with a range of materials to suit every application and we will always recommend the products that best suit your needs. Our team use traditional methods of application to ensure that your new roof will stand the test of time.
Whatever your roofing needs, you can rest assured that we source the highest quality materials from the best manufacturers to guarantee that your roof is made to last.
Different Size of Roof Tiles Available
Typically, roof tiles are available in three main sizes, which are:
- 18mm x 36mm
- 25mm x 38mm
- 25/30mm x 50mm
The type and size of your roof will often determine the size of the roof tile that is required. The team at Chris Ball Roofing will always be happy to offer expert advice on what size tile will best meet your requirements.
Different Types of Roof Tiles
Although there are many different types of roof tile, it's worth noting that not all will be suitable for your particular roof. Here are some of the common types of roof tile:
- Solar Tiles – these are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to solar panels, but are considerably more expensive than a traditional roof tile. Also, unless your roof sees a good amount of sunlight on a regular basis, you may not see the full benefit of solar tiles
- Felt – a cost-effective solution to tiling your roof which is popular in North America. Because of the unpredictable weather in the UK, anyone looking for felt tiles should look to invest in impact-resistant shingles
- Metal – strong and durable, metal roofing can be expected to last for a good 60 years before you have to consider replacing it. The chances are that once you have had your new metal roofing installed, you should only have to replace your tiles once, at most
- Stone-Coated Steel – interlocking panels that can withstand heavy rain, hail, and high winds up to 120mph. In areas that experience extreme weather, this option comes highly recommended
- Slate – a staple of the roof tiling world, slate is highly effective in wet conditions, making it a favourite in the UK. However, slate tiles can be expensive and may break in heavy hail
- Rubber Slate – the rubber alternative to slate has a similar appearance, especially when cut into tiles and installed by a professional roofer. However, the rubber material can be damaged by hail, similar to the real thing, which is something that should be considered
- Clay and Concrete Tiles – a good strong solution that can withstand heavy winds up to 125mph. This type of tile is best in warm and dry conditions, which is another factor worth considering
- Green Roofs – whilst arguably the most aesthetically pleasing of the different roofing options, green roofs easily require the most maintenance. For roofs covered with plants, you will need structural support, thermal insulation, compost, soil, a vapor barrier, waterproofing, water filtration and drainage
- Built-Up Roofing – this type of roofing is specifically for flat roofing and can be expected to last anywhere between 20 and 25 years. This is ideal for roofing that sees a good amount of traffic as the layers of tar and gravel are suited to walking on
Bespoke Roof Tiling Expertise
Chris Ball Roofing is long established as a family run business specialising in roof tiling in London, amongst other services and roofing solutions. We work with traditional materials and installation methods for your peace of mind.
Our team provide impartial advice and consult with you regarding the best solution for your individual home and roofing needs. With highly specialised, extensive training in each roofing service, our technicians are extremely knowledgeable tradesmen.
Based on this expertise, we offer free, no-obligation quotes including detailed specifications and fixed pricing to all of our customers.
Why Choose Chris Ball Roof Tiling Services London?
Our highly skilled team have been delivering the highest quality roof tiling services across London for many years. We work efficiently and professionally – and take pride in our ability to finish a project to the highest possible standard.
For more information on our work, you can view our completed projects.
Our team are always on hand to help, so for more information or to request a free, no-obligation quote for our roof tiling services in London, please don't hesitate to contact us.